Is your skin troubling you after the sweets and calorie-laden dishes you gorged on this Diwali? I was planning to put down a post on my current skincare routine plus some tips on how to get glowing skin naturally without a plethora of expensive skincare products. I have already penned down my old skincare routine here in May 2017 but I have made a few changes so I thought I will share with you guys my updated routine with the products I use. I have been getting a lot of compliments on my skin these days so all these products are tried and tested.
The first thing that I always ensure is that I drink enough water. It may sound cliche but drinking 3-4 liters of water per day can clear up your skin like nothing can. I will break down my routine in two parts for morning and evening plus weekend routine so that you guys can follow accordingly.
This routine is fairly simple I do not use many skincare products in the morning.
- I wash my face with The Body Shop Nutriganics Foaming face wash which has become one of my favorite face washes of all times. It is so soothing and gentle on the skin and removes all traces of dirt and oil.
- I follow that up with a sunscreen. I usually mix Lotus Herbals Tinted Sunscreen with The Body Shop Nutriganics Day Cream for my base makeup. I do not use any other foundation or BB cream as the tinted sunscreen gives enough coverage for me.
- I also try and not use pore-clogging makeup like primers or heavy foundations on a daily basis as this can lead to blocked pores which can lead to acne and dull skin.
So this is my morning routine. It is fairly simple and does not include many products and less is more, so this routine works for me.
I usually come back home from work at 7 and want to get the dirt and oil off my face as soon as possible. The evening routine is as follows:
- I remove all my makeup using The Body Shop Chamomile makeup remover. At this point, I am feeling like a total TBS fan :P. Removing all your makeup before you sleep is the first and foremost step if you are wondering how to get glowing skin naturally.
- I wash my face using the same foaming face wash since I love how the soft foam feels against my skin.
- Then comes a good serum to pamper my skin. I love the Kiehls Daily reviving concentrate as it hydrates my skin and leaves it looking radiant.
- My night cream/serum is from The Face Shop. It is The Face Shop The Therapy First serum. I haven’t reviewed it on the blog yet but i really love how it feels on my skin. I am using this religiously every day since the last 4 months and it is still only half used so the value for money is really great.
Nykaa currently has an offer going on wherein you buy any TFS serum and get a full-sized toner from The Face Shop free so if you want to buy some skincare products, this is the time.
Tips on How to Get Glowing Skin Naturally:
- Use a mixture of gram flour/besan and curd once every week to remove tan and reduce pigmentation.
- Drink enough water to flush out toxins from the body and hydrate the skin. Dryness is the key factor behind many skin concerns and keeping your body hydrated solves half of the skin issues naturally.
- Eating raw fruits and a diet low in oils and fats can bring a dramatic difference to your skin quality. Papaya, lemon, and cucumber are some of the best ingredients for improving your skin.
- Drinking green tea regularly flushes out toxins from the body and gives a boost of antioxidants which repair the skin and prevent further damage.
- Exercise daily. It improves blood circulation and makes your skin look healthy and radiant.
- Try to minimize your stress levels. Stress plays a huge role in skin concerns and doing activities which you love will show the results on your skin significantly.
So these are some tips and tricks on how to get glowing skin naturally. My current skincare routine has given me the best skin i have had in years so if you want to try it, do let me know your opinion on the products.