How To Style White Sarees Without Looking Drab
Many of us love wearing white as a colour but are afraid it will look drab or make us look washed out. This is a complete myth, like the way you style a white outfit can make it go drab to fab in minutes. A white saree is a must-have in any wardrobe and can be a complete game-changer if you use the right accessories and pair it up with a great contrast blouse or a saree belt. Let me take you through some great white sarees with print if you want to wear them on any occasion:
- This beautiful mustard yellow and white saree for a lunch date with friends
Elegant and lightweight, this cotton saree will be a breeze to carry and looks really good with a pair of kolhapuri flats and a boho side bag. The big-block prints across the saree and the broad border on the pallu add to the saree’s bohemian vibe. It is quite lightweight too.
- The rich black and white saree with hints of pink for a dinner
The classic white and black combination is a must-have for any wardrobe, and this saree takes it up a notch with its pink contrast border design with geometric patterns. The saree itself is very comfortable to wear, but the print makes it look very chic and classy. You can pair it with black heels and a silver clutch to complete the look.
So these are the two looks that you can create with white sarees but here are some important points that you should keep in mind when wearing a white saree:
- Don’t wear white accessories with a white saree as this can make the whole outfit look flat and boring.
- Add some chunky accessories in bold colours to add a pop of colour to the saree without making it look loud.
- Add a bohemian beaded belt to your white saree to transform it from a work outfit to a party outfit in seconds. Go easy on accessories.
- Choose white sarees with bold, beautiful prints covering just enough space to let the white peek through.
- Keep the blouse always in contrast with white. Choose a dark colour or go with a neon blouse for letting your quirky personality shine through the plain saree.
- Understand the occasion. If it is for work, go minimal and classy and if you are going for an outing with friends, add accessories to amp up the look.
- Choose prints that are adding to the saree and not taking away from it. A white saree is a statement and can get completely lost under prints if you are not careful.
So these are my tips on how to style an elegant and classy white saree to suit any occasion you want to wear it to. Do you guys love wearing sarees, and what is your top tip for styling a white saree?